POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Matinee : Re: Matinee Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Matinee
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 7 Mar 2011 20:30:01
Message: <web.4d758662f5e1e8f8b05ef170@news.povray.org>
Ive <ive### [at] lilysoftorg> wrote:
> Thats great! I can even remember every theater where I saw each of these
> movies ;)  As a long time moviegoer I feel very tempted by this
> challenge, maybe I'll go for the volume light from the projector to the
> screen - mostly because I have no idea yet how to effectively do that
> within POV-Ray.
> My movies of choice (as I do miss them in your list) would be an early
> Ridley Scott movie or maybe the legendary one by John Carpenter...
>
> Thanks for bringing this to my attention. BTW also the CGSociety main
> challenge "B-Movie: Attack of the 50 Foot..." sounds like fun...
>
> -Ive

With early Ridley Scott, you're likely referring to either Alien or Bladerunner.
 One obvious scene to choose from alien.  I found a coupl that came out nice
from Blade Runner.

I tacked on Attack of the 50 Foot Woman to boot...

It's kind of neat to see how certain images will turn out when run through the
"screen machine", I'm getting kind of hooked on it now.  These being minor
quality renders run through in about 3mins, it takes me longer to find the
screen caps.  This is a bit different than the HDRI lightdome, as these images
are all based on LDR images so can end up with a broader range of contrast and
colouration (e.g. the second Blade Runner).

It would be kind of a neat cinematic project to study films from this side of
the screen...

As for John Carpenter, not sure which legendary one as there are many (Escape
from New York, They Live, Halloween)

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'matineescene150ft.jpg' (694 KB)

Preview of image 'matineescene150ft.jpg'
matineescene150ft.jpg