POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Matinee : Re: Matinee Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Matinee
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 7 Mar 2011 14:15:01
Message: <web.4d752d8bf5e1e8f8b05ef170@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I was doing some tooling about with the latest lighting challenge from 3DRender
> (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=185&t=955407) which features a
> movie theatre.  One of the maon aspects of lighting here will be that coming
> from the screen.  I first started using radiosity with an image projected on the
> screen, however it was becoming apparent that it may take some really high
> quality settings to get good results.  I then though of using an array of area
> lights created from the projector image. I had already done a lot of the
> mathwork in my lightdome work, so I did some quick conversions to making a
> planar version of it with some nice results.
>
> In the attached image, the first part is radiosity with some low quality
> settings.  The second is using the arealight array (16 area lights, 4x4 each).
>
> -tgq

Now some of you may be asking "What film is our interpid little movie-goer
attending that has got him so awestricken?".  Well in the previous example, he
has saved his allowance for month eagerly awaiting Star Wars.  But perhaps he
could be viewing Planet of the Apes and has reached the climactic the climactic
finale.  Or maybe ended up in a theatre showing The Shining, and the blood has
just started pouring out of the elevators.  Or maybe he bought a ticket for
something else, but has snuck over to Fast Times at Ridgemount High and has
reached the memorable scene of Phoebe Cates coming out of the pool.  Or perhaps
he has snuck into something far more unsavoury and adult...

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'matineescene1xxx.jpg' (280 KB)

Preview of image 'matineescene1xxx.jpg'
matineescene1xxx.jpg