POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Swan Lake : Re: Swan Lake Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:16:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Swan Lake
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 3 Mar 2011 11:20:00
Message: <web.4d6fbf9143794d8481c811d20@news.povray.org>
Ive <ive### [at] lilysoftorg> wrote:
> I had the idea for this little scene before I did watch "Black Swan" - I
> swear - but actually I made the scene while viewing the Oscar night. So
> well, kind of tribute to Academy Award winner Natalie Portman ;)
>
> -Ive

As others have noted, fantastic.

There appears to be some light bloom at the bright highlights.  Was this
post-processed in, or an added (beneficial) effect from the focal blur?

There is one subtle touch you may look at adding (or maybe you have and I can't
notice..).  It appears as if the mirror is a mirrored surface, whereas mirrors
of this type are usually glass mirrors.  Mayber try adding a thin glass layer
between your mirroed surface and the swans, this can add two subtle effects
depending on the viewing angle: the reflection can get attenuated a bit and even
coloured slightly by the glass colour, and there will be a fainter, second
reflection on the glass surface.

-tgq