POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SSLT Dragon : Re: SSLT Dragon Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT Dragon
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 3 Mar 2011 11:00:01
Message: <web.4d6fba03d81bd80d86ff1d480@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback <jho### [at] povrayorg> wrote:
> On 03/02/2011 03:39 PM, Robert McGregor wrote:
> > And uploaded the inc file to my web site, the link is here:
> > http://news.povray.org/web.4aa18ba663e55f164726e92b0@news.povray.org
>
> OK what am I doing wrong? I've used mesh objects before so I'm not
> blazing any new territory here. I see the parse (tokens) of the object
> then the render ... get an empty scene except my ground plane and light
> source (zoomed way back looked u/d ... scaled too) don't see nuttin' ...
> I should be able to (after including the Lucy file I downloaded from
> your site and do:
>
> object { Lucy_Statue pigment {rgb 1}}
>
> btw stats just show 2 objects (plane and light_source)
>
> shucks ... I wanted to play too ;-)

Jim, she's ~929 units tall; try this with my version of the mesh to make her ~5
units tall:

camera {
   location <0, 0, -15>
   look_at  <0, 0, 0>
   right    x*image_width/image_height
   angle    60
}

light_source{ <-300, 300, -300> rgb 1 }

#include "shapes.inc"
#include "Lucy_POV_geom.inc"

#declare Lucy_Statue = object {
   Center_Object(Lucy_Statue, x+y+z)
   scale 1/929*5
   rotate y*180
}
object { Lucy_Statue pigment { rgb 1 } }

Cheers,
Rob

www.McGregorFineArt.com