POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SSLT Dragon : Re: SSLT Dragon Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT Dragon
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 2 Mar 2011 04:20:01
Message: <web.4d6e0b8ad81bd80d6dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> wrote:
> Nice but use aa it makes a difference.

But does it? I thought aa was wasted on otherwise supersampled features like
area lights, focal blur, media etc? The edges of lucy's self-shadows are lovely,
it's just the floor shadow and her horizon that show aliasing. I'll do some aa
tests tonight.

> Your image looks more like marble what settings did you you use?

Excellent, I was shooting for a very translucent marble.

mm_per_unit = 80 (the model is about 1 unit high)
samples 1000, 100 (only way I could get rid of bright point artifacts)
subsurface { 5*colour, 0.5*(1-colour) } (IIRC!)

Bill