POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flame : Flame Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:15:52 EDT (-0400)
  Flame
From: Bruno Cabasson
Date: 25 Feb 2011 21:25:01
Message: <web.4d686370c4ff33658739afcb0@news.povray.org>
An attempt for a flame, using a blob container. Some dots appear on the surface:
known bug?

Also: In the doc at "3.4.7.5 Area Lights" it is explained that, with 'circular',
area_lights can be elliptical if x and y axis are not equal. It seems that if I
make so, the thickness of the soft shadows are of the same thickness in all
directions. In this test scene I tried y=5*x, but the soft shadow of the sphere
on the left is even all around. Is this the effect of 'orient'? What did I miss?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'flame2.png' (64 KB)

Preview of image 'flame2.png'