POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Die, cast : Re: Die, cast Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:24:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Die, cast
From: Stephen
Date: 25 Feb 2011 04:25:01
Message: <web.4d67751244ccc992c22181d10@news.povray.org>
> Am 24.02.2011 17:24, schrieb Stephen:
>
> > I have a vague idea that it might be related to the scale of the model
> > not the actual size of the model in PovRay. For instance I got better
> > looking results with Vicky when I set the mm_per_unit as if she was
> > 1676.4 mm not the 228.6 mm she was scaled in the scene.
> > But then you wrote the code and what do I know. So I am experimenting
> > with mm_per_unit, scattering values and material scales.
>
> I'd recommend leaving mm_per_unit as it /should/ be. If that doesn't
> give you the proper look, it's the scattering parameters that need tweaking.

Does SSLT support Texture Maps where each texture has its own finish and
subsurface {values}?

> > a DFX which is a single mesh. When I exported her as an OBJ the joins

> > into my models.
>
> No need to have it /perfectly/ closed. As far as that goes, SSLT should
> be rather robust.

Good, the mesh I'm using has a few triangles that are only connected at two
vertexes.

To give you an idea of what the mesh is like:

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'buddha_01d2_0006.jpg' (73 KB)

Preview of image 'buddha_01d2_0006.jpg'