POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Die, cast : Re: Die, cast Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Die, cast
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 22 Feb 2011 14:00:01
Message: <web.4d6406c144ccc9921df6284f0@news.povray.org>
> Ivory? Not sure (I've never seen real ivory in my life I guess), but I
> think it makes a good texture for a die either way.

That looks pretty close. I compared your image to some real ivory (fairly old,
brought back from Africa in the 1950's by some missionaries) and the actual
ivory is slightly less brown. Comparing the sub-surface light feature I'd say
it's also very close but possibly just a little exaggerated. I'm sure there are
natural variations though. That is the best-looking die I've seen. It would make
a great demo scene.

Regards,
Dave Blandston