POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SSLT future : Re: SSLT future Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:24:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT future
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 21 Feb 2011 23:25:01
Message: <web.4d6339f53084c50794d713cc0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> wrote:
> On 21/02/2011 6:48 PM, Stephen wrote:

> I don't know what order these images will be posted but yours is the
> lighter one. I think that for this model the agate pattern is
> superfluous. But more discussion might be wasted with Clipa's news.

Just curious, how many POV-units is the model in your scene? After I rotated
VickiLamp and ran her through PoseRay it shows:

size dx,dy,dz=(0.192059,0.631494,0.42944)

So I just used scale 1.59 to make her 1 POV-unit tall. Assuming she's about a
foot tall as a lamp I changed my mm_per_unit to SSLT_UNIT_FT and got this result
after 13 min. (using the same samples of <16, 8>*8). The SSLT is subtle but
really makes a big difference when comparing left to right.

www.McGregorFineArt.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sslt_vickilamp.png' (737 KB)