POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : A light bulb : A light bulb Server Time
25 Apr 2024 15:31:21 EDT (-0400)
  A light bulb
From: alanr
Date: 20 Feb 2011 20:25:01
Message: <web.4d61bd5bf7701b391d72ddf90@news.povray.org>
Apologies if this has been understood by others but an explanation I just read
seemed so simple I'm baffled it does not quite work as expected.

In Moray I created a csg union of a point light with a sphere and created a
whiteish material with a finish ambient set to 1, and sphere set no shadow.  But
it renders black, albeit light appears to emit from this object.

Have to turn the scene ambient up full in order to make the sphere look like its
lit, but this of course a produces general glow to all objects from an unseen
source which I dont really want.

Is setting the scene ambient to 1 the only way to get the sphere to "glow" or
have I missed something?