POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Futrther ligthdome development and testing : Re: Futrther ligthdome development and testing Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:26:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Futrther ligthdome development and testing
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 20 Feb 2011 11:05:01
Message: <web.4d613af124e4a25b05ef170@news.povray.org>
Here is some test runs with your HDR.  The top image is run as is.  It looks
pretty good, but there is no distinct shadow from the direct sun source.
Maximum brightness value is 15.6 compared to a scene average of 0.91.  The
second image has a highlight rebuild added to it.  We can now see a distinct sun
shadow from the car, thoug I'm not certain if it's bright enough or not.  For
the second image, the maximum rebuilt light value is 447.  Because of the fairly
low resolution of the HDR (400x800), sub sampling had very little effect as a
sampling level of 200 was grabbing every other pixel already, and wasn;t missing
the sun.

For interest sake, the 3rd image is the difference of the first 2.

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'diff.jpg' (164 KB)