POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Futrther ligthdome development and testing : Re: Futrther ligthdome development and testing Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:11:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Futrther ligthdome development and testing
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 19 Feb 2011 02:05:00
Message: <web.4d5f6b4e24e4a25b05ef170@news.povray.org>
"Nekar Xenos" <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> The top image actually looks "better" because there is more contrast and
> the colours are more vivid.
> The bottom image looks slightly washed out - there seems to be too much
> light. But it does look more like an actual photgraph compared to the top
> image.
>
> May I ask where you got the hdr image from? I quite like it :)
>
> --
> -Nekar Xenos-
>
> "The spoon is not real"

I may need to tweak the light levels, but the point is there is direct sunlight
in the HDR which should capture a noticeable shadow present in the second, but
not in the first.

This HDR is one of the few I have found that have a full brightness sun in it vs
one that crops out at a lower value.  This particular HDR is from Bernhardt Vogl
(http://dativ.at/lightprobes/index.html) Direct Evening Sun - Schoenbrunn
Vienna.

-tgq