POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 1957 Bel Air - revisited : Re: 1957 Bel Air - revisited Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 1957 Bel Air - revisited
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 15 Feb 2011 18:30:00
Message: <web.4d5b0b9629817e6cb05ef170@news.povray.org>
"Robert McGregor" <rob### [at] mcgregorfineartcom> wrote:
> These look great Trevor, that's a really nice HDR & ground setup you've got
> there.
>
> I've never tried rendering a car before, looks like fun! Where did you get the
> models?

> www.McGregorFineArt.com

I got them from DMI (http://www.dmi-3d.net/).  The models do need a little work
and to be converted before they are POV-ready though.  For example, as mentioned
before, all glass surfaces are a single surface, which will render as a solid
block in POV, so I usually need to duplicate and offset the window meshes to
make proper glass, plus usually some other work.  The models are generally nice
though, and of varying quality, and there are lots, and, most importantly, they
are free.

-tgq