POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass case work : Re: Glass case work Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass case work
From: Edouard
Date: 9 Feb 2011 22:35:00
Message: <web.4d535c94ff0562b5f028a4cf0@news.povray.org>
"Samuel Benge" <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> "Edouard" <pov### [at] edouardinfo> wrote:
> > Just playing around with making a glass display case. Two simple macros to
> > create the glass panes and the fasteners.
>
> It looks like glass, to be sure. Did you use a surface normal for the pane-ends?

Yeah - each pane's edge is cut via CSG (actually with a double bevel), and I
apply an averaged normal to the difference object, so the cut is both rough (via
micro normals) and wavy (via a stretched bozo).

I'm using absorbing media to colour the glass, and I ended up using Robert
McGregor's dielectric macros from
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C4d524dfb%241%40news.povray.org%3E/
for the reflectance, etc.

Attached is another angle.