POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mechanical Pencil : Re: Mechanical Pencil Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:28:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mechanical Pencil
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 8 Feb 2011 19:45:00
Message: <web.4d51e0d6d75837d39341ac0a0@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Just a quick render and post of an old model of mine to say that I am really
> liking the performance of focal blur in the 3.7 release.  It really seems to
> catch the fine lines a lot better than mormal AA and the older focal blur that I
> am used to.

I must say (after ignoring the world's lack of infinite gridded planes), that
your render looks like a photo! Perhaps your scene could use some sketches on
the grid... sort of a portrayal of the endless possibilities of the
mind, facilitated by our favorite raytracer :)

Great modeling job! Is it CSG? (not that I'm a CSG purist, or anything...
modeling is difficult with any medium).

Sam