POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hand rail, smooth isosurface twist : Re: Hand rail, smooth isosurface twist Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:17:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hand rail, smooth isosurface twist
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 8 Feb 2011 01:20:04
Message: <web.4d50dfa4830bd89ab05ef170@news.povray.org>
"StephenS" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> A hand rail that will end in the background of a scene with stone work and the
> front of a building.
>
> The isosurface gives a smooth transistion from straight/twist/straight.
> Also includes some CSG and a surface normal.

Good work, glad you figured it out.
I think the surface normals should probably be scaled down for the kind of
finish I would expect for this object.  (probably ~2-4X)

How is the render time for the isosurface?  For this kind of object, a
procedural mesh may be ideal, but requires a headache's worth of math and logic
coding :)

tgq