POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A cottage in the snow : Re: A cottage in the snow Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:29:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A cottage in the snow
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 7 Feb 2011 16:40:01
Message: <web.4d50660c19dd5ae12182165e0@news.povray.org>
"Harry Callagan" <ant### [at] orangefr> wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> I'm a french user of POV-Ray for half of a decade from now, and I'd like to
> present one of the scenes I had rendered. It's my best among those I have ever
> made. The mountain are not beautiful (and this is what I like the least). I used
> many macro (with while loop) with a lot of linear prisms for the wall and a
> macro with tile for the roof.

Not too bad. The lighting could use some work (some visible shadows from
light_sources and radiosity would be nice).

The cottage could use a different roof, perhaps. As my brother pointed out, such
tiles would probably become dislodged under heavy snow.

The hills, while they appear to be height_fields, look like they might be
derived from an 8-bit grayscale image. 16-bit grayscale images usually work a
lot better.

Other than those things, you did a decent job. I rarely complete an entire scene
:/

Sam