POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : abstract generative animations rendered in POVRAY : Re: abstract generative animations rendered in POVRAY Server Time
17 May 2024 22:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: abstract generative animations rendered in POVRAY
From: Drakonis
Date: 21 Jan 2011 12:30:00
Message: <web.4d39c164973d5ab2f281f53a0@news.povray.org>
"Leo" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi-
>
> After a few years away from POVRAY I have posted several abstract generative
> animations rendered in POVRAY to my YouTube channel.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/user/solporter?feature=mhsn
>
> I'd really like to have some orgainc elements to go with, e.g. drifting fog;
> plus focal blur, and arrayed lights, but I have yet to find a good drifting fog
> method, and lack the patientce for the expensive ray tracing techniques...
>
> Hope people find these interesting,
>
> Leo
>

> Oops, think I previously posted this to the wrong group...

Very nice work, I enjoyed the abstract nature (and intriguing algorithms you
hint at) of these.  Your color choices are good, not too distracting and garish,
but pleasing.

Probably some light touches (pun intended) with a little more specular
highlights would help the surfaces a bit, as well as a less jerky camera
position during the sequence.  And of course some generative background music
might be fun... have you checked out tones.wolfram.com?

I'll go comment/subscribe to your channel (I'm "SchwanSongs") so you can
critique some of my POV-Ray animations too if you have time.

ttfn,
Drakonis