POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : 3.7/scenes/advanced/optics.pov : 3.7/scenes/advanced/optics.pov Server Time
5 May 2024 08:12:50 EDT (-0400)
  3.7/scenes/advanced/optics.pov
From: Patrick
Date: 19 Jan 2011 13:50:01
Message: <web.4d37318c2296aa18c219dd150@news.povray.org>
I recently downloaded the 3.7 RC2 and decided to render all the sample .pov
files.

When I try to render the "optics.pov" file, the program crashes with a "memory
access violation".  I did the short memory dump and a pop-up box said that it
would be uploaded to povray servers.

FYI, I commented out the entire contents and systematically re-enabled pieces
until I narrowed down the line of code causing the crash.  In the second "box"
statement after the "Block" macro definition is an "interior" statement:

    interior
    {
        media
        {
=====>>     scattering {1, color White extinction 0}
            //emission color White*0.2
            method 3
            intervals 1 samples 4
        }
    }

If I comment out the "scattering" statement, everything else renders with no
error.

-- Running 32-bit Windows XP

I just thought someone might find the information helpful.

~Patrick