POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : more efficient method to program animation? : Re: more efficient method to program animation? Server Time
18 May 2024 02:37:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: more efficient method to program animation?
From: StephenS
Date: 15 Jan 2011 13:40:01
Message: <web.4d31e9e09dd3c3a61619aee0@news.povray.org>
"wieland.delepeleire" <wie### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> But when I want to render the full animation I should comment/uncomment every
> scene separately in the .ini file which is a repetitive and stupid
> time-spending. (At least for a human being, that's why we invented computers,
> right?)
> Therefore I was looking for a for-loop in the .ini file, but that seems
> impossible. How do you guys solve such a problem?
>
> Newbie greetings,
> Wieland.

One posible solution is to use the frame number for the whole animation, and use
Subset_Start_Frame/Subset_End_Frame.

Or:
Save the settings in there own .ini file and comment/uncomment the ones you want
from the master .ini file.

Initial_Frame = 1
Final_Frame = 200
+I 'Scene_No_1.ini'
;+I 'Scene_No_2.ini'

*** Scene_No_1.ini ***
Subset_Start_Frame = 1
Subset_End_Frame = 9

*** Scene_No_2.ini ***
Subset_Start_Frame = 10
Subset_End_Frame = 35

I think you will allways have to tell POV-Ray what parts you want rendered;-)

Stephen S