POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Raining over wet floor: any way to EXECute anything after each Run? : Raining over wet floor: any way to EXECute anything after each Run? Server Time
3 May 2024 10:48:13 EDT (-0400)
  Raining over wet floor: any way to EXECute anything after each Run?
From: syntotic
Date: 3 Jan 2011 17:05:00
Message: <web.4d2246e92d69cd619b9ad5ac0@news.povray.org>
I am confused, I have the impression in some POV RAY version there was the
possibility to execute an app before/after run. The functionality is in menus
and the sandbox model too, but besides closing down the program there seems to
be no option or am I wrong? It is quite typical in IDE environments, so that is
why I may be confused with this version. I know techniques to synchronize with
custom made apps, but executing code after Run would be the best way to extend
functionality in my case. Consider this a petition for a further version! I
think it would be easy to provide a build with the ability to execute arbitrary
code before/after the Run and similar commands. Specifically, I want to backup
script/image pairs after each run. There may be some way to implement it with
animation code and strings, but an external utility would be more flexible. If I
had the time I would write a DLL, but examples seem quite complex and little
documented just to add a postcommand. I think a middle build with such
functionality would be quite adequate and easy to distribute for people who have
the source code installed and compiling.