POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV Logo Wallpaper : Re: POV Logo Wallpaper Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Logo Wallpaper
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 3 Jan 2011 09:50:01
Message: <web.4d21e1e1bf9849965f9997c70@news.povray.org>
> Did you ever check the gamma with the test images in the documentation,
> or some site on the internet? The 3.7.0.RC1 also comes with a section on
> gamma handling, and a sample scene to check whether your settings are
> "sane".

OK, I've spent some more hours working on this and I see that I was doing some
things wrong. Matching the display_gamma and file_gamma to the video card gamma
setting of 1.0 was a big mistake! The setting of 2.2 works perfectly.

A long time ago I used the gamma setting utility that's built into the video
card software, but I re-ran it and got about the same settings.

Changing the display_gamma and file_gamma ini settings made things much better.

Thanks again, I hope this may help others from making the same mistake I made
with the video card.

Regards,
Dave Blandston