POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Recreating an old texture : Recreating an old texture Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:28:11 EDT (-0400)
  Recreating an old texture
From: Edouard
Date: 19 Dec 2010 04:15:02
Message: <web.4d0dcc31584f4cd3e45c8dfa0@news.povray.org>
I was recently asked about an old render I did:
http://news.povray.org/web.489cb5e1e8ed1e90dbf7248f0%40news.povray.org

but I'd long since lost the source to it...

So I spent an hour or two recreating the texture, since it wasn't that hard, and
I do
rather like the effect. The code is pretty messy, and relies on two external
images (one for the pattern, and another one for the brush marks), but apart
from that it's basically Rune's old brush metal texture from
http://runevision.com/3d/povgoodies/

As is almost always the case with anything I post here, it could really do with
being used in a
scene with more than a single plane with a sphere...

Cheers,
Edouard.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'circular-brushed-metal-table.jpg' (239 KB)

Preview of image 'circular-brushed-metal-table.jpg'
circular-brushed-metal-table.jpg