POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Template for a proposed mesh-based character : Re: Template for a proposed mesh-based character Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:31:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Template for a proposed mesh-based character
From: gregjohn
Date: 9 Nov 2010 06:45:01
Message: <web.4cd933fff8c444e934d207310@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> If you have the patience to model human beings with blobs, then you
> probably have the patience to model a human being with my modeler.  It's
> missing a lot of features, but it works.
>
> You can make riggable models, and certainly some sort of universal man.
>   The model exports POV-Ray .INC files, which you can pose by setting
> the appropriate variables before calling the file.
>
> Regards,
> John

Thanks I guess I should try it. But your system involves exporting a mesh per
frame, yes? That is what I am trying, either hardheadedly or brilliantly, to
avoid at all costs.  I guess I'd say I have the patience to model a human with
meshes *one time*.  Then I want to parameterize the nose, eyes, cheeks, brow,
and animate the mouth & eyes.

Partly this is just to see what can be done, but I also think it's helpful for
povray itself to demonstrate the power of its scripting language.