POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Template for a proposed mesh-based character : Re: Template for a proposed mesh-based character Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Template for a proposed mesh-based character
From: gregjohn
Date: 7 Nov 2010 08:55:00
Message: <web.4cd6af75f8c444e934d207310@news.povray.org>
Alain <aze### [at] qwertyorg> wrote:

> The trick is to reduce the strength of the elements or increase the
> thressold and increase the number of elements.
> You may also need to increase the radius.
> This will contribute to smooth out and hide the seams.

No. I've already got dozens of elements (a pancake stack) in the chin-- it think
I've exhausted the ability of blobs (but not the elusive blob2). I'm interested
in getting people thinking about smooth-faced, if cartoony, mesh2 heads.

Anyone see any drawbacks to this system in the image? (Of course, all the
dimensions will be paramaterizable.   I'm wondering if making brows,
cheek-smile-things, etc.,  will just make this completely impractical.