POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Template for a proposed mesh-based character : Template for a proposed mesh-based character Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:30:15 EDT (-0400)
  Template for a proposed mesh-based character
From: gregjohn
Date: 3 Nov 2010 21:45:01
Message: <web.4cd20f748e771ba034d207310@news.povray.org>
Attached is a template for a proposed mesh-based character. I think that it
would be cool to have a mesh object that is parameterizable, in that you could
quickly come up with a range of characters just by defining a few splines
differently. It would also be cool to be animatable, such that the shape of
mouth and size of eye openings could be moved, perhaps with another clock-based
spline, to have it blink and talk.  One could in theory make a character
anywhere from say, Mr. Incredible to the puny "Nathan" rig's head:
http://www.blendswap.com/3D-models/characters/th-nathan-rig/

This thing here looks hideous, but is more an attempt to demonstrate the pieces
of mesh code that would have to be put together.  It would work well with Ingo's
MSM.inc files. The nose of course in this simple version is not meant to be a
"hole" but a bulge.

Ideally, "cheek ridges" and "brow ridges" and two nostril holes would be added.
Someday I might do this but I just leave it out there as a way to benefit
humanity if anyone were interested.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'meshhead.png' (35 KB)