POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tourist Trap (optical illusion) : Re: Tourist Trap (optical illusion) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:28:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tourist Trap (optical illusion)
From: Eriban
Date: 2 Nov 2010 10:05:01
Message: <web.4cd019b92256eca181475b100@news.povray.org>
"gregjohn" <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> This is an epic piece of work, both in imaginative concept and execution.

Thanks! Given the time and effort such an image requires, it's always nice to
receive positive feedback of course.

> I would say however to pick (after giving you 20-20-20), that my eyes did clue
> into something "wrong" with the color / shadows as the image sat loaded in my
> browser with only the top half visible.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I know what you mean. I changed some of the
ambient settings and changed the direction of the light, and it should look
better now. At least, I think it does. I have attached the final image so you
can Judge for yourself. As you can see, I also made some changes to the tower to
make its style more uniform.

Cheers,
Erwin

Post a reply to this message