POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tourist Trap (optical illusion) : Tourist Trap (optical illusion) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Tourist Trap (optical illusion)
From: Eriban
Date: 24 Oct 2010 04:40:01
Message: <web.4cc3f0464c29528f81475b100@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I have been working on another ray-traced optical illusion. Attached is the
current version, which I consider nearly done. I have only a few more finishing
touches planned. Nevertheless, although I cannot quite put my finger on it, I am
not yet entirely happy with the overall composition. So your thoughts on the
image sofar and suggestions for improvement are most welcome, especially quick
wins! :-)

Technical details and credits: No post-processing has taken place on the image
to make the illusion work. This is the 3D scene as it is rendered by POVRay. The
grass is made using macros by Gilles Tran. The palm tree is made using the tree
macro by Tom Aust, modified by Gena Obukhov. The chains are made using a macro
by the PM 2Ring, using catenary calculations by Zdislav Kovarik.

Cheers,
Erwin

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: