POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Sphere seems to swell up beyond proportion : Sphere seems to swell up beyond proportion Server Time
3 May 2024 21:34:22 EDT (-0400)
  Sphere seems to swell up beyond proportion
From: Marco
Date: 6 Oct 2010 16:15:00
Message: <web.4cacd7a6cdbe15ef6731f09e0@news.povray.org>
So this is basically the pov-csg`which is puzzling me: the sphere with radius 4
produces a disproportionally large cylinder compared to the radius 3:
http://home.ooijer.com/povray-conesphereradius3.jpg
http://home.ooijer.com/povray-conesphereradius4.jpg
please note that I didn't change the coordinats of the objects, nor those of the
camera. Yet somehow the sphere seems to swell up enormously, pushing both the
cone and the camera away.
Whe I increaese the sphere's diameter by increments of 0.1 (from 3.0 to 4.5) it
works normally , it's just when I jump from 3 to 4 that this occurs.
This is with v3.62.

#declare FancyPlaycone = object{
//difference{
union{