POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Luminous Bloom 7 : Re: Luminous Bloom 7 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:28:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Luminous Bloom 7
From: Carlo C
Date: 25 Sep 2010 15:00:00
Message: <web.4c9e46889fe2f72c4b72cc9c0@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3C4c0ebe6b%40news.povray.org%3E/

> New in this version:
>
>   * completely rewritten core routines
>   * different effects via point sets
>   * can handle up to 65536 points
>   * a file for writing your own custom point sets is included
>   * a scene for viewing different point sets is also included
>   * it's roughly 50% faster
>
> I changed the whole thing to work based on the principle presented by
> Tek in his thread "Lens flare in scene."* It was optimized by using a
> suggestion made by Alain in the same thread.
>
> The attached image shows the star burst effect in action. The seven
> effects included in the zip file are shown at the bottom. The banding in
> violet sky is a jpeg artifact, it wasn't my fault ;)
>
> Happy ray tracing!
>
> Sam

*http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C4b938dfd%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=345214&toff=50

A bit late, but...

Could you send us the source of the wonderful image you have posted... ?
if, of course, is done in pov. ;-)