POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SSLT Fun : Re: SSLT Fun Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:33:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT Fun
From: Kenneth
Date: 22 Sep 2010 07:50:01
Message: <web.4c99ec9b27cc9367196b08580@news.povray.org>
I have a funny feeling that I *might* not be seeing this .png image correctly in
my browser window, but I just don't know for sure. ( Firefox v3.6.10, the latest
AFAIK.) What I see is a generally dark image, as well as the bright soft
'crescents' of the spheres, with just a *hint* of color on their dark sides.
Sound correct? (I took the image into my old version of Photoshop, changed *its*
2.2 gamma to 1.0--brightening the spheres' dark sides up nicely--saved it as a
jpeg, and the image looks like what I *think* I should be seeing.) But of
course, the original darker image may be what's intended.

I just want to make sure that I'm seeing proper .png behavior on my end; I
sometimes wonder, given previous (but sporadic) behavior.

Ken