POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SSLT Fun : Re: SSLT Fun Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:26:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT Fun
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 22 Sep 2010 07:45:01
Message: <web.4c99eaaa27cc93671a939910@news.povray.org>
> "Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> > I like this, Robert. I have not experimented much with sss, but I am
> > certainly going to play around with your code for a start.
>
> I, too, feel a need to play with this new feature. Nice example!

Thanks guys, the documentation's a bit sketchy so I've been trying all sorts of
crazy things with SSLT to see what each parameter actually does. This morning I
discovered that there's a new global_settings param [mm_per_unit], so instead of
using the SCALE for scaling things up 100x to keep the effect subltle:

global_settings {
   mm_per_unit 1000  // default is 10
}
#declare SCALE = 1;

Not exactly the same but I like this better with a bit more SSLT happening.

www.McGregorFineArt.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sslt_spheres2.png' (431 KB)