POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : WIP: Simple Shape Character Animation : Re: WIP: Simple Shape Character Animation Server Time
17 May 2024 19:51:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: Simple Shape Character Animation
From: DSevy
Date: 8 Sep 2010 23:50:00
Message: <web.4c88585717e581706629ea50@news.povray.org>
@ Charles C:
I'd like to finish the production, eventually.  The script was done and the
audio all recorded before I started working on the animation.  I'd hoped the
next version of Moray might do the trick, but I don't know how far out that
release date might be.

@ gregjohn:
I wonder if YouTube might be an easy place to host a contest by using a common
keyword to tie all of the submissions together.  I'm thinking something specific
like POVCharRnd001 (POV Characters - Round 1).  If every submitter put the same
keyword (incrementing the last three digits for later rounds) then I assume it'd
be simple to bring up a YouTube search of all the videos at once just by
searching on that keyword.

@ Christian:
It has been a while now, but it seems like I might have run into a problem
trying to install 3.5 under Windows 7.  I was using it before the upgrade, but
for some reason I went to 3.6 when I switched PCs.  Most of the time 3.6 works
okay, but occasionally the GUI gets hung up and thinks it's rendering when it's
not, and it has to be closed and restarted to fix the problem before a new
render can begin.

Your post made me go back and look at my POV/Moray setup again.  I had forgotten
that I worked out the video driver issue (turned off certain NVIDIA
accelerations for Moray), but there is a persistent problem where I can't load
some of my larger scenes that I created under XP.  New scenes and small scenes
open okay, but large scenes cause Moray to hang.

There's also the little inconvenience where Moray and POV don't integrate (ie
you can't render directly from Moray) under Windows 7.  Not an insurmountable
problem, but it's annoying.  Especially when using the materials editor - which
I used to do frequently.

Anyway - maybe at some point the tools will work again.  I'm hoping for native
Windows 7 support for POV and Moray in the future.