POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Paintings" : Re: "Paintings" Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Paintings"
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 30 Aug 2010 12:55:00
Message: <web.4c7be205a7f622cf85627c70@news.povray.org>
Greetings & welcome...

I have also been an infrequent communicator as of late as I resume my POV work
and work toward something I feel is genuinely worth sharing.

As a lover of pure geometry, I find your work quite appealing and intriguing. I
particularly like "Ponte Vecchio", as I feel it combines your personal style and
the capabilities of POV-ray in an interesting and pleasing way.  As someone who
has tried many times to make the point that photo-realism is only one of many
styles of artwork that POV-Ray can be used to produce, your contribution to our
site warms my heart.

Now lets hold our breath and see how long it takes for someone to "suggest"
fog, area lights and radiosity.   ;-)

Beautiful work; congrats.

Best Regards,

Mike C.