POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some Fractal Art : Re: Some Fractal Art Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some Fractal Art
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 29 Aug 2010 13:10:01
Message: <web.4c7a9363876b563c51b0b8c0@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback <jho### [at] povrayorg> wrote:
> Needed a change of scenery (ugh docs ... actually starting to get sick
> of it) so I took some time off to play around with a mandel function
> that Tor posted in p.b.s-f a while back.
>
> Instead of rendering the isosurface example I decided to make it into a
> pigment & normal pattern ... with a little color map work and some minor
> transformations I think it turned out kind of neat!

Interesting.

I could never get those types of fractal functions to work. I *almost* got close
once... but I was playing the def/undef game, and am still unsure if I was
actually producing complex numbers, as what should have produced a Mandelbrot
set only produced semi-coherent garbage. I'll have to look at Tor's code to see
how he did it. If remember correctly, it works in a way POV shouldn't be allowed
to work...

Sam