POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Paintings" : Re: "Paintings" Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Paintings"
From: Joost
Date: 29 Aug 2010 06:55:00
Message: <web.4c7a38dfa7f622cf2a36ae330@news.povray.org>
> You could render the framed image in a separate pass,
> basically loading the "painting" as an image_map. And
> rendering it with an orthographic camera together with
> frame and text. Also, screen.inc might come in handy.

> +fn set the output format to png.
> As you have large areas of uniform tint, you'll get a good compression
> ratio: Large image, small file.

That's a great solution, just what I'm looking for, I think! Hadn't thought of
those options. Then I don't have to drag images around through different
programs anymore (I was just getting used to that...).

@Sam & Thomas: Thanks!

@Nemesis, I've given the sun its reflection for the Ponte Vecchio. It indeed
missed that (I'm thinking now it probably also needs one or two wrinkles around
the boat to make it less artificial).

Joooost (pronounced Yoast, btw :)