POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Paintings" : Re: "Paintings" Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Paintings"
From: Joost
Date: 28 Aug 2010 14:15:00
Message: <web.4c795125a7f622cf2a36ae330@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> But thinking about a bit more, these are povray renders, so I guess the task of
> generating those mostrous pixel-wide images is up to povray. :)

I want to print them with the white or black rim (passpartout) and the texts,
which I do in GIMP. Is there an option to add the rim and text in POV-ray? I
figured that the perspective would distore the text, if I tried that.

> If you're still doing on your own, I really don't know how to help.

Do you mean as a private individual? Yes, sadly no company or friends in
IT/printing business behind me. I might walk by a printshop for some advice
then, see if they can help.

> I guess that's because there is no such thing as "the" CMYK color space.
> You have to know a lot about the pigments and the paper that will be used.

Okay, I'll just have to try it, then. I'll need prints for my exhibition, so I
might as well upload one and consequently order it as try-out (paying for my
first
royalties myself :-)

Thanks for thinking along with me, Joost