POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Paintings" : Re: "Paintings" Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:26:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Paintings"
From: Joost
Date: 28 Aug 2010 12:40:01
Message: <web.4c793b55a7f622cf2a36ae330@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the positive replies! Really very nice to know people enjoy them.

"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> You could just feed that into Gimp's new image dialog box and set the unit to
> millimeters.
>
> Hope it turns out ok with Gimp, since so many photoshop slaves love to brag
> about how friggin unsuited it is for print since it lacks CMYK... I'd at least
> try a few test prints in much lower paper size just to be sure...

Sorry about the paper size, I naively assumed the A sizes would be used world
wide. Like 50 x 70 cm or 20 by 28 inches. Looking up CMYK at wikipedia
(;-) I figured that my knowledge deserts me there. I'm not forced by anyone to
use GIMP, it was just the best (free) I could find. But if anyone has
suggestions for the best software to use (preferable free, or else at a "normal"
price (like up to $100), any advice is welcomed. Prints are pretty expensive, so
I would rather pay something for good software, than have to find out the colors
turn out bad on the posters....

Joost