POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : circle_place.exe : circle_place.exe Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:35:24 EDT (-0400)
  circle_place.exe
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 24 Aug 2010 20:05:01
Message: <web.4c7458f465d924b4f151112e0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have finally finished my program for generating point sets of non-overlapping
circles. You can find it here:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.utilities/thread/%3Cweb.4c7453bd99210acbf151112e0%40news.povray.org%3E/

For this example I used an input image to govern the circle sizes. The sizes
were then used to access an array of different "plant" objects. I found a way of
doing this automatically, and have provided the source code for it.

As you can see, there's some potential for making natural-looking
landscapes with this, where the distribution of vegetation can be controlled to
a fine degree. The objects I used here were simplistic, and I could have
randomized a few things, but it's an example image :)

Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'obj_array.jpg' (258 KB)