POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Windows 7 Install for all users : Re: Windows 7 Install for all users Server Time
15 May 2024 01:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows 7 Install for all users
From: deanAus
Date: 24 Aug 2010 03:00:01
Message: <web.4c736d0f2a28c89f281070790@news.povray.org>

> FWIW The ultimate intent of the 'install for all users' option is to
> install the core files into program files, and leave an advertised
> component linked to the install. When a user runs the program for the first
> time, the advertised component runs and installs the per-user files (scene
> files, include files, etc - basically anything they can edit). This isn't
> done yet, though.

I was hoping you guys could also add an option during the install process or in
the Settings to change the location the per-user files are stored. I would like
the program complains it cannot find it's files.
There are some settings to change the file locations, but I'm not able to change
them all and they are all over the place.

Thanks
 Dean