POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ceramic Art on Display : Re: Ceramic Art on Display Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:31:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ceramic Art on Display
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 16 Jul 2010 13:10:01
Message: <web.4c40915687a127a8e691a85d0@news.povray.org>
"Edouard" <pov### [at] edouardinfo> wrote:
> Finally an actual scene - some ceramic art on display in a gallery.
> But, all in all, I'm pretty happy with the current results. Looks very much like
> it did in my imagination, and that's always a good sign :-)

You went through quite the work flow to get here. I wouldn't worry about the
non-smooth normals. It looks fine. If it makes you feel any better, we could
call them "micro normals." I personally can't see a single triangle. The
proximity pattern worked out well, gives it a realistic look. As for the
pedestal... I haven't visited too many museums, but some of them try to give the
pedestals too much texture. This distracts from the piece. Your pedestal is
simple and non-distracting, which is more appropriate for display purposes :)

Good job!

Sam