POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Drifting over the traps : Re: Drifting over the traps Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Drifting over the traps
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 16 Jul 2010 05:50:01
Message: <web.4c402ab3de3eceda6dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Love it. I get a real sense of scale and space, although the realism lapses a
little in the foreground. Of course, this is just a wip. :)

(I think this is a universal problem with landscapes - you need enough detail
for a convincing foreground, but not so much that speed/memory is wasted in the
distance. Either meshes and clever texturing, or some sort of level-of-detail
system).