POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ceramic Art on Display : Re: Ceramic Art on Display Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ceramic Art on Display
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 16 Jul 2010 05:40:00
Message: <web.4c4028e187a127a86dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
"Edouard" <pov### [at] edouardinfo> wrote:
> Finally an actual scene - some ceramic art on display in a gallery.

Excellent!

For me, the biggest cue to realism is the proximity texture combined with the
ceramic material. The glaze is great, but I think it would look just as
realistic without it.

I know what you mean about the pedestal, but I don't have any suggestions - you
don't want to distract from the vase. Oh yes, and the floor's great!

Bill