POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Drifting over the traps : Re: Drifting over the traps Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:25:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Drifting over the traps
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 15 Jul 2010 12:50:01
Message: <web.4c3f3c0ade3eceda2ae36eb40@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> A current wip I want to show, is concerned with yet another aspect of
> landscape generation, combining several height_field techniques, approached
> as functions, and tiled with John VanSickles' patchwork macro.
>
> Rune's fast sky is used, and 50000 simple trees are planted using Kirk
> Andrews' excellent landscape macros.

Looks fun! I've never traveled the skies aboard any conveyance; a hot air
balloon would be one of the best. A nice, pleasant ride. No need to hurry :)

Are you using 3.7b? The aoi pattern might work well for the grass texture. It
could even be useful for distant pine trees, where spheres are used to depict
clumps of needles.