POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Quickie wood floor texture : Re: Quickie wood floor texture Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:29:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quickie wood floor texture
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 14 Jul 2010 12:25:01
Message: <web.4c3de2b92ba8dabf28345a750@news.povray.org>
"Edouard" <pov### [at] edouardinfo> wrote:
> Just a quick attempt at a wood floor texture.
>
> I'm having all sorts of issues with it ("can't layer a patterned texture over
> blah blah"

I've run into that same error several times now. For some textures it's a hard
limitation to work around.

> Yes? No? Does it look like a wooden floor to you?

It looks like wood, to be sure. Maybe you could raise the frequency of the year
lines. And perhaps you could squeeze your color_map values in a little bit for
sharper transitions.

The grooves seem to be the main issue, though. In the reference you linked to,
they travel along the wood grain, surfacing occasionally. Yours appear to
surface in a somewhat random fashion.

Yours:
  -    __

Theirs:

Also, the grooves seem a little sharp. Maybe a little more blending wouldn't
hurt :) Anyway, it looks pretty good.

Sam