POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Quickie wood floor texture : Quickie wood floor texture Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:24:24 EDT (-0400)
  Quickie wood floor texture
From: Edouard
Date: 14 Jul 2010 07:15:01
Message: <web.4c3d9c099f59f902165c3ed60@news.povray.org>
Just a quick attempt at a wood floor texture.

I'm having all sorts of issues with it ("can't layer a patterned texture over
blah blah", the latest beta hanging while rendering the edges of the planks
sometimes), but..., I'm at least starting to like the effect, if not the
implementation.

Yes? No? Does it look like a wooden floor to you?

I was going for something like the wood texture on the right of this image:
http://www.888phantom.com/Wood%20Grain%20Samples%202.jpg - and while I haven't
hit it exactly, it's at least starting to look somewhat plausible to me at the
moment. But then again, you lose your objectivity after playing with the same
thing for too long.

Cheers,
Edouard.

Post a reply to this message