POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Why is there no tree.inc? : Re: Why is there no tree.inc? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:25:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why is there no tree.inc?
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 14 Jul 2010 04:30:00
Message: <web.4c3d7496b291e1346dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> Are you aiming for a new POVtree application, to succeed Gena's?

No, I'm after something a little simpler. I've been meaning to try my own trees
ever since I first tried to use POV-tree - I found POV-tree difficult to use and
quite slow. Powerful features, but I never managed to create a tree that I'd be
happy using. I wanted to keep my trees simple; I was originally after low-detail
trees without the need for external mesh includes that I could use in landscapes
etc. It's already more complex than I was aiming for!

I'm just having fun with the DIY at the moment.