POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Why is there no tree.inc? : Why is there no tree.inc? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Why is there no tree.inc?
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 13 Jul 2010 19:25:00
Message: <web.4c3cf534480c6bc84f28787e0@news.povray.org>
Rather than perpetually bemoan the dearth of a simple yet flexible tree macro,
I'm having a bash at writing one myself. The results are starting to actually
look like trees now rather than bad lumberjacking accidents, so I thought I'd
post something.

Parsed in 15 seconds, rendered in 10 minutes but that's mostly the radiosity and
area light - it renders in under a minute if I use basic lighting.

Next, I need to build the branches from continuous sweeps (currently strings of
mesh cones) to improve realism and reduce the triangle count. Then I'll have a
good play with the parameters to see what variety of forms can be generated
without excessive tinkering ;)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'treetest2.jpg' (85 KB)