POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lego Helicopter 645 - Colouring Page : Re: Lego Helicopter 645 - Colouring Page Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lego Helicopter 645 - Colouring Page
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 17 Jun 2010 15:15:01
Message: <web.4c1a73a5d10c983acbc083be0@news.povray.org>
Reuben Pearse <reu### [at] pearsecouk> wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I've created another Lego colouring page based on the Police Helicopter
> set 645.

It looks good Reuben!

> Does anyone have any other tricks for creating these kind of images
> (i.e. rendering shape outlines of 3d objects)?

I have an edge pattern macro, but it appears to be bundled with other files.
Basically, it takes an object for input, makes an object pattern out of it, and
blurs the pattern in 3D space. Some color_map tweaking would make the edges
sharp. I'm not sure how well it would work in this case. I can make a standalone
file available if you wish.

Really, the edge-finding in your image is almost complete. I think what you need
now is some way to apply an angle of incidence pigment over what's already there
to create edges on the sides of the pegs and window.

Sam