POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity/no_image : Radiosity/no_image Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:32:15 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity/no_image
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 14 Jun 2010 22:55:01
Message: <web.4c16eaedeca5ffcfcba3fb0f0@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

Here's an interesting effect - for my never-ending Metallica/military project, I
added an extruded wall around the indented green center of the logo (which has
ambient .1), to enhance the glowing effect that radiosity causes. It worked, but
when I added "no_image" to the wall it also stopped contributing a radiosity
effect to all the letters except the "I." The only thing unique about the "I" is
that it's a simple box, as opposed to a more complex CSG object. For example,
the "L" is a box with another box differenced from the upper right corner. I'm
using version 3.7 beta 37a. I don't see anything related to this on the bug
reports website so I'm guessing I'm missing something again but I'm curious if
anyone else has noticed this.

Regards,
Dave Blandston

Post a reply to this message